Advocate Art Award
The Central Australian Art Society Inc. presents the Advocate Art Awards
- Applications are now open to all artists in Central Australia. Entries must be the original work of the entrant, completed in the last 12 months and have not been previously exhibited in Central Australia. Work in any medium is welcome. Click here for conditions of entry and to apply.
- Successful applicants will be featured in an exhibition that will run from Friday 26th July to Sunday 11th August at the Araluen Arts Centre.
- The Judges’ awards, which includes the Desert Festival Prize, will be announced at the exhibition official opening ceremony on Friday 26th July.
- Voting for the People’s Choice Award closes at 4pm on Saturday 10th August.
- CAAS committee will announce the winner on Sunday 11th August, 2pm, at the ‘Walk in the Art’.
The Desert Festival Prize
Each year Desert Festival incorporates an artwork by a local artist in their program and promotional material to deepen our relationship with the rich arts community of Alice Springs. Last year Desert Festival initiated a partnership with the Central Australian Art Society to offer an annual prize in the Advocate Art Award that selects an artwork for the following year’s festival.
This prize celebrates “Living in Central Australia”. The winning artist will be chosen from the entries to the Advocate Art Award by the Red Hot Arts programming committee. The winning entry will be selected based on its ability to tell the story of living in Central Australia and to promote the region to a national audience.
Information for entrants
- The prize money of $1000 incorporates the reproduction fee for use by Desert Festival and Red Hot Arts to promote the Festival in the following year.
- The reproduction fee covers use in flyers, posters, program, websites, social media, advertising, media releases and reports for the Festival.
- Red Hot Arts reserves the right to use the whole artwork or detail of the artwork.