New to Desert Festival, the Artisan Trail is something extra special to catch this year.
The Artisan Trail is a self-guided tour of artist and craftsperson’s studios, and an opportunity for practicing Alice Springs artists to open their spaces and share work with passersby.
A rare opportunity for the community to meet local creatives, ask questions, learn about their work and visit the spaces where magic happens, this one is not to be missed!
What’s the plan?
The Artisan Trail will take place on Saturday 25 September and Saturday 2 October. The Trail will be divided into a morning block from 9.00am to 12.00pm and an afternoon block from 1.00pm to 4.00pm with a lunch stop from 12.00pm to 1.00pm.
Each artist participating in the Artisan Trail will select a date and either a morning or afternoon block for visitors to attend. Visitor numbers will be capped, and the artists will know prior to the event how many people will be expected to visit their space within their chosen block.
Each artist will be responsible for:
- Presenting their space and work the way they consider best
- Preparing work for sale and arranging a point of sales system
- Risk management of hazards in their space (Red Hot Arts will conduct a site visit and assist artists in this process)
- Having a covid safe space (Red Hot Arts will assist with this)
How does the visiting work?
- Visitors must register online for a specific time block, and within this allocated time, visitors are able to visit participating artists, studios and workshops.
- Participating visitors will receive address locations of the studios on the morning of the event.
Visitors registration links to come.
Get involved as a participating artist!
Complete the EIO form with your information and availability.
We want to know who you are, what you do and how are you planning on sharing your work with the community. We will also need to make sure your space meets all the criteria to ensure that visitors have a great and safe experience.
If that sounds complicated, don’t worry! We are here to help you with that.
Contact [email protected] for questions and queries.